Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where have I been?

I have to apologize for the long dry spell in my blogging. I had to make a trip to the Minor Injury Clinic and am just now able to type and do things with my left hand. I am right handed but you would be amazed at what you can’t do without both hands! I had a disagreement with a new pair of scissors and they won. I bought a pair of Kai shears and good Lord; they are sharp to the very end. I was cutting fabric and Oops….. there goes my left index finger! Don’t get any blood on the fabric! After some debate as to whether to stitch or glue the gapping cut in my finger, the doctor decided I could get away with gluing. I as happy…I mean who wants to have a needle stuck in a laceration so they can numb it up? Glue it was. Took a bit longer for things to mess and heal up but we are there. My finger will be good as new again. Hope you will forgive me and I will try and catch up.
I went to the post office and look there’s a large white envelope in my box! Its fat, its soft, its fabric! Did you ever want to be a fabric designer? Do you dream about millions of yards of fabric with your designs on them? Well my budding designers you can and right now! I found a fabulous website that allows you to design your own fabric and have it printed! Get out those sketches and clean them up. Upload those award winning designs to www.spoonflower.com. And pick your yardage and pattern repeat. It’s that simple. You may want to do a test swatch (8” X 8”) or Fat Quarter first to check on pesky details like color and pattern size before you order your gazillion yards. Monitors are different everywhere and what may look like the perfect shade of purple may end up being a fuchsia. Yes it’s a bit pricey but hey can you put a price tag on your own fabric design? I think not. Okay I uploaded my logo… and aside from some color modifications…it’s just perfect! I was impressed with the fabric they print on, as I truly was expecting it to be shall we say “ a little less than desired”, but it’s really pretty good quality. And hey it is printed in the USA, which makes it so much more appealing to me. I like helping out fellow Americans to get jobs and keep jobs right here. So this can be a win-win all the way around. I know there are some other websites that do the same but Spoonflower has my attention. There is even an editor to do minor changes. While you are there browse some of the fabric designs that others have uploaded. Have a happy fabric day!


Robin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind thoughts on my blog. I appreciate it. Things are looking up, I can sit for about 20 minutes now....lol. Sorry about your cut. I know those scissors are sharp, but didn't realize they were that sharp. Be careful and wear metal gloves next time.

    ReplyDelete