Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Favorite Season

I am starting to get excited, summer is winding down, the kids are back in school and soon it will be autumn, my favorite season. The colors, the smells, crisp air, HALLOWEEN, Thanksgiving, what’s not to like about fall? Oh and did I mention Halloween? It also stirs the quilting bug in me – more so than usual. I can hardly get through a day without sewing of some kind. If I can’t sit at my machine then hand work satiates my sewing cravings. I am just finishing up a fall table runner and it will be available on my website very soon. I am also writing the pattern for “Hero”. You remember the quilty wall hanging I did for my DH? His 37 years in EMS. Well my quilter Kathy Viera suggested some time ago (I already had Hero in progress) that I do a pattern for machine embroiders. She has gotten a lot of comments that they wish there were more patterns to showcase the beautiful machine embroidered motifs that are available. I also thought that we should do a Hero quilt that didn’t involve machine embroidery. Its size and simplicity makes it a perfect fit for a baby quilt, hence “Baby Hero”. Baby Hero is at the quilter and should be back next week.
Barbara and I took a day and spent it at In Between Stitches just wandering the store and touching and imagining all the things we could make with the beautiful fabrics there. Both of us bought Halloween fabric and are now working on a Halloween quilt. I am not going to embarrass myself by telling you how many Halloween quilts I have. Let’s just say its significant okay? I don’t think you can have too many. I use them all over my house. You will find quilts on tables, chairs, baskets, couches, loveseats, beds, and walls. And I have closets bursting with them.
How about digging out a project and finishing it up or grab that scrap bag and make a wall hanging, baby quilt, table runner or a donation quilt and get those fingers limbered up for full fledged fall quilting. Leave me a comment and tell me what your plans are for quilting this fall. Are you doing Christmas gifts, Halloween or fall? Placemats, table runners, or are you just trying to clear out that UFO stack? Whatever your project list is made up of, jump and get your quilting fix and make something beautiful, stunning…make something!

May your bobbins always be full,
Robin

1 comment:

  1. I am in total agreement about fall, it is by far my favorite season! Love the air, the sky, the colors....love it all! I have a Halloween pattern that is on my list to start...but I have to finish up a couple things first. It's called "Buster does Halloween." A black cat dressed up in various Halloween costumes in this fun applique quilt.,,can't wait!

    ReplyDelete