Saturday, August 15, 2009

Post Traumatic Printer Failure

I am not sure that there is anything more confounding than computer/technology problems. Everything here comes to a screeching halt when the technology stops. I have been nursing my printer along for about two weeks now. I was in denial that it was about to go to the big recycle bin. I loved that printer. It was reliable and it was an old friend. Yesterday morning as I was about to start a project and needed it, I am way too busy for this. The fatal error message comes up. Its “internal parts have come to the end of their service life, consult my printer documentation.” Interpretation: Go Buy A New Printer. So off to Best Buy I went to purchase a new printer. I found just the right one. AND on sale. That is a twofer. To the checkout I went and home.
After several hours, many references to the manual, I finally got the printer installed. Its wireless so no more wires! Yea! Printing is faster now and oh what a really nice job of printing it does. I am over the mourning of a passing friend Mr. Printer and have started a new relationship with Mr. New Printer. My grandma always said that “a new broom sweeps clean”. She was right… technology the newness (is that a word?) and coolness of new technology. I just want to sit here and print till the cows come home. Today starts a new day for printing madness. I need templates for my embroidery machine; I need to proof read patterns…the new ones coming out soon. So I am back to work, with my new friend to help me along the way. Hope your day is a good technology day and that all your electronics behave themselves. Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment