Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday America!


Happy 4th to all of you. What is your idea of the perfect 4th of July Holiday? Is it getting the family together and BBQing the usual fair of hotdogs and hamburgers? Going on a camping trip? Going on a picnic? Leave me a comment on what your ideal holiday plans would be or are. I am staying home and my husband is exercising the new BBQ. After realizing yesterday that the aerators weren't working correctly (what the blazes is an aerator?), he went on the hunt for a new BBQ. Much grumbling and Good God! they want how much for this? He came home with the purchase. Of course it's all in a box. All zillion pieces of it. Next..open book...on the 1st inside page is a full size picture of the screwdriver they included..with the caption "Screwdriver". Well the grumbling started again. After 2 hours the small BBQ emerged from the zillion pieces and resembles something like what we could cook on. No parts left over (and that my friends is a really good sign) but... there is a pin with a chain attached that neither of us can figure out what it goes to. Maybe it will be apparent later. We test drove the new BBQ last night and all seems fine. So today we will participate in time honored tradition of hotdogs and hamburgers, potato salad, baked beans, and soft drinks. No beer today as my other half has to work tonight. He is a paramedic and works in Oakland. It will be crazy and busy and probably not a good shift for those trying to protect and serve and alleviate suffering. As for me...the moment he hits the end of the driveway...I am off to the studio to exercise my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness in the fabric closet. Who could ask for a better day?
We went to the Alameda County Fair on the 2nd. Another fun summer activity. I took pictures and will share them with you in my next blog. Until then, have a safe and fun 4th and try not to eat too much.
Robin

1 comment:

  1. My ideal holiday would include time with the family. And YAY! that means today is my ideal holiday. BBQ on tap for us today too. Have a safe and happy 4th everyone.

    ReplyDelete