Sunday, July 19, 2009

37 years and counting

It seems that the hot weather is here to stay for awhile. What’s a girl to do? SEW! I’ve finished up some older projects that have living in the closet for awhile now. I really am embarrassed to tell you how long they have lived there. Felt really good to get them off the stack. My hubby’s quilt has been on that stack for a long time and I dug it out and it’s ready to quilt. He has been in Emergency Medicine for 37 years this year and still going strong. I made him a small wall hanging with some machine embroidered motifs for his “I LOVE ME” wall. We laugh about his wall. He has pictures and golf balls on every square inch of that room. Not sure where he will hang the quilt but I am sure he will find a place. I had intended on making a lap quilt but he told me when he found out what I was doing that he would rather have the smaller size. I hope to have it quilted in the next 10 days.
Don’t know about you but my husband rarely gets any of the treasure from my quilting adventures. Not sure why that is but he has 1 quilt of flannel and that’s it. Guess it’s hard to think of things that guys would want from our hobby. Maybe we could all think a little harder what things we could make for our better halves. I know that without his support I wouldn’t be able to do this and wouldn’t get have as much enjoyment out of it. SO.. that being said, thank the man in your life for his understanding and support – even if that support comes in the form of silence. Sometimes saying nothing is worth everything. I am off to do more sewing where it’s cool. Fall will be here soon enough and we need all the time we can get to start and finish all those Christmas presents and projects we told ourselves we can get done before Dec 24th.

Happy quilting

Robin

1 comment:

  1. How pretty and thoughtful! I am sure he will find a place for it.

    ReplyDelete