Thursday, September 2, 2010

Halloween is coming!

Where in the world did August go? Just a few minutes ago it was August 5th! Onward! I love September! It's the unofficial start of Fall. While the temperatures are still in the 90's here it sure doesn't feel like fall. But everywhere I see Halloween stuff. Now I have to admit it is my favorite holiday. Always has been. I think Halloween should last for 2 months at least. If my DH would not put up a fuss, I would start decorating for Halloween now. Crazy you say? Nope, and come on admit it there are a lot of you out there that feel the same way. What is there not to like about Halloween? So... since I am doing a give away...and I told you that if you comment on my blog you would be entered to win fat quarters from my stash, I thought why not make it Halloween fabric? Then I got the idea...why not make the fat quarters so that you could actually have a project to make it out of? How about a Halloween purse? I have fabric left over from my Boo Kitty Handbag. The named changed to BK Handbag after Halloween was over that year but the pattern is the same, just the fabrics were different. So how many of your Halloween fanatics would love a kit of fabric and the pattern? So.. the giveaway will end the end of September. That's enough time for you shy sewers to comment isn't it? Some already have...and you are STILL in the running. I am posting pictures of the Boo Kitty Handbag.. so you can see what you can make. The handles and trims aren't included but I am sure you can find them in your area. Tell me how you decorate, how you celebrate and what makes Halloween so special. Now is the time to work on those Fall and Halloween projects. My house looks like a shrine to that spirited holiday. All things Halloween are revered and carefully displayed for their individual spookiness, cuteness, and eeriness, (not so sure those are even real words but hey they are now). And all of  you Quilters, if you have never made a Sun Bonnet Sue Witch, what Are you waiting for? I made this cutie several years ago from a pattern in a magazine. I have quite a collection of witches and she fit right in. So come on, leave me a comment!
Back to work on new patterns. Happy sewing and may your bobbins always be full.
Robin

4 comments:

  1. Halloween also is my favorite holiday! Love it! Also like your Boo Kitty bag. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I need to tell you how I decorate. I decorate with bed-size Halloween quilts I've made, Boney Bunch guys, candles, haunted houses, pumpkins, Halloween towels and hot oven mitts. I've already started decorating. I've so many things with which to decorate! I also love to put lighted jack-o-lanterns in my upstairs window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Halloween, although it isn't quite as much fun now that my children are grown up! I loved making costumes for them. My favorite was a purple dinosaur costume. It was HUGE! It had a hood with spikes on it, the entire body was covered, and there were even covers for the shoes! The tail was about 6 feet long and covered with spikes and spines. My husband had to hold up the tail section while I sewed it on the body. It was just too awkward to do alone.
    Love your bag, and your SunBonnet Witches! Sue never looked better!
    I've got a big box of things I've made over the years. Float-y ghosts, grinning jack o lanterns and a particularly fine witch I painted. Just bought a pattern for a spider table topper. I'm itching to get to that little project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Sun Bonnet Sue Witch! So cute! Halloween is definitely a fun holliday! :)

    ReplyDelete