Thursday, June 11, 2009

Camping Trip


We sure have had some strange weather this year so far. Temperatures are usually in the 80's – high 80's. Not that I am complaining...don't get me wrong. I really don't like the extreme heat that we get here in the summer. We are preparing for one of our summer camping trips. It's a 3 day 2 night extravaganza. We have an RV we call "The Beast". It's an older RV but we don't have to worry about getting the floors dirty and tracking in pine needles. Last year we went camping and found this perfectly wonderful campsite that has a resident camp host – a deer. A Doe to be exact and every year she has a fawn in the campground. She is a fixture there and mooches food from campers all summer long with her baby trailing behind her. I have never had a Doe come up to me outside of a petting zoo or park. It was crazy! I was trying to take her picture as I was feeding her carrot sticks. She would meet us in our camping spot after a day of fishing…looking at her little deer watch…her eyes saying everything…"Where have you been? I thought you said 6:00pm... its 6:45! I've been waiting." While we were settling in after a long day of fishing, she would patiently wait for snacks and then continue on her rounds of all the other campsites. Regular campers to this campground told us that she does this every morning and evening, and to be careful as she would follow us inside the RV if we didn't watch her. Where is the baby you ask? It's always close but not as sociable as its mother. I hope we go back this year, what a beautiful spot and very relaxing but the "local" company is the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment