Monday, May 25, 2009

A rose is a rose is a rose....


When the Rose Parquet pattern was made I couldn't have seen it in anything but a romantic floral. I bet alot of you also thought the same thing. Funny how we get trapped into the same box and comfort zone. Well what do you think now? I think its FABULOUS! I have admired Kaffe Fassett fabrics but they weren't my cup of tea. Well they just may be now. Queen B's Quilt Shop in Antioch has this pattern in stock and Bernie told me that her customers were having trouble seeing Rose Parquet in the brighter fabrics. (Robin 's brain kicks in - finally) I bought a pack of 2 1/2" strips and 3 quarter yards of other brights and set down in my studio and went to work making a different version to showcase other fabrics. Obviously Mexicali Rose Parquet is smaller than the Rose Parquet quilt but you get the idea? Yes? Try patterns in different fabrics than what your comfort zone is normally. Great surprises comes with a little courage.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Where have I been? I love the Rose Parquet... of course.... really think its a wonderful project. You go girl. Good in the Kaffe Fassett as well of course, but I am biased!

    joanna
    www.figtreequilts.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete