Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kitten Tales and Sneak Peeks

Trying to get back on here and write an update. The past 2 weeks have been BUSY as I am trying to finish 3 quilts. Okay so I do have 2 1/2 done. But that means now I need to write the patterns and that is actually the hardest part. I have to do it when there isn't anyone around. Complete silence and no interruptions are the only way I can get them written. I am giving you a sneak peek at one of them. Now I am still running the giveaway....so PLEASE leave a comment. Hey it's for fabric! I don't write about my kitty very often. She is a love...a real love and I have been close to losing her so many times in the past year I have lost count. She is still hanging in there and she still acts so happy. She is 18 years old and was born in my closet. Her story is that her Mother was feral and just showed up at my house one day, PG and homeless and hungry. It took a while before she would let me within 10 feet of her. She finally did and finally let me bring her into the house. Well it was kitten time and I was in the kitchen cooking when my girls heard little cries. We searched the house and found the Mommy cat with her new batch of kittens in the bottom of my closet. We also had a dog..my Corkey. He was the love of my life..a Golden Retriever. The Mommy cat loved that dog! So Hari was born in that closet. The girls called her Hairy as she was so so fuzzy! The name stuck. I changed the spelling of her name. She is the last one now and everyday is a treasure. Mommy cat made it to 19 years old; Corkey lived 17 years, which is darn near unheard of for a Golden. So Hari is my last baby. I take more time with her and spend more time with her than I probably should. I don't get as much accomplished as I should as spending time with her is precious. I once heard...Tomorrow is promised to no one. There is my baby cat story... how about sharing your story with me.   Let me hear from you. Happy Sewing... Robin

2 comments:

  1. What a great kitty story. My cat, too, is the baby of a feral cat. Born in a barn down the road from a quilter friend of mine. She came to quilt club and told us that this very skinny cat had wondered into her yard and ate some food. She was followed by 5 little kittens. Most of them were so wild that they could not catch them, but they were able to catch two females. My friend kept one and I took the other. She is my joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a story...she truely is a "Quilt Kitty". There is something about cats who choose us to be their humans! I really believe they know how lucky they are. Wonderful story Laura! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete