Saturday, April 30, 2011

When the baby is sick

While sewing the other day, I decided to monogram the bags I was making. Since I had 6 to do I thought to let the machine embroider them to save time. And that is when it happened. "crunch...crunch..and then SNAP!. My heart sank. Oh no Baby is not suppose to go "SNAP...CRUNCH". Then the machine started to make jump stitches everywhere. I barely got the stop button pushed before it tried to put a stitch in the middle of the hoop frame. As with any computer, many times you can reset back if you reboot. It didn't help. To the phone and made an appointment to take my baby in for service and see what is wrong. Next morning my friend and helper Barbara & I were on the road early.  Driving time is approx an hour and half to the "sewing hospital" - Rays Sewing Center in San Jose, CA. It is a long trip but well worth it as Ken and Lindsey are the best. They let me come in, get my machine serviced and I can take it home the same day. NOW THAT IS SERVICE.
Ray's Showroom
As we were driving down, I was imagining all kinds of horrid problems with my machine. The arm broke, a belt broke, there was a problem with the computer board. And the list goes on. When we arrived, the place was a bustle of activity. There were ladies in the classroom working on embroidery projects and ladies checking out new machines to purchase. Ken was his usual self, multi tasking by answering question on new machines and doing demos as well as servicing machines in the hospital service area. With precision hands and decades of experience, Ken had my baby running and purring again like she should be. No major problems, no horrific breaks, no big service bill. I am once again a happy gal and my baby is sewing like a dream. So if you need a service center, consider driving to Ray's Sewing Center. BTW - Ray's Sewing Center is named for Ken's father - Ray, who started the business, was inducted into the Sewing Hall of Fame and is now fixing machines in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment