Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happly Halloween!

Pink Parfait
Fall is well underway here. The trees are turning beautiful colors and there is that crispness in the air. Last weekend was the local guild quilt show and it was a huge success. There were so many beautiful quilts this year. Those ladies have been very very busy. The diversity of quilts in the show was amazing. We were there and had a good time and met lots of friends and some new friends. I was afraid the weather would keep people away, as the weatherman said it was going to rain hard. Well it did rain and hard at times but it seems to have put everyone in the quilting mood. We enjoyed seeing everyone and walking the aisles and enjoying the talent and workmanship of the Delta Quilters. The show keeps getting better and better every year. Congratulations Delta Quilters Guild!


Sassy
I introduced some new patterns at the show and they were an overwhelming success. I have finished uploading the pictures and info to my website, so if you can’t find these new patterns in the local shops yet, you can find them on my website. They are just being shipped to distributors this week. I know you will love the new quilts. There is a baby quilt that I would love to have for me and a very girly quilt and a bright bold floral quilt for those that love large scale prints.

Baby Steps
My last post was a sad one for me; I lost my angel kitty of 18 years. I am keeping busy and have been thinking about getting a new baby. Thank you to those that send me comforting comments. I so appreciate all the kind thoughts you sent me. It has been decades since my house was without a “fur baby”. I haven’t decided what kind of “fur baby” to get yet. I think that will depend on what kind if baby most needs some love and a home. Animal Shelters are full of little bundles of love. When I get a new one I will let all of you know.



Meanwhile, I am getting ready for Tricks and Treats. As you all know this is my favorite time of year. And I am back at the sketch pad working on some new designs. Hope you all have a perfectly spooky Halloween! It is now time to finish those Christmas gifts and quilts. Christmas will be here before we know it. It is only 2 months away! I am uploading a free wine bag pattern that will make a perfect wrapping for a hostess gift if you are in charge of bringing the wine or the sparkling cider. Simple and economical to make, you will have it completed in an hour! I will be back soon with pictures of new ideas.

Robin




No comments:

Post a Comment