Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fall Memories

It occurred to me while I was writing out the grocery list for this weekend’s festivities that this is the unofficial end to summer. Schools are in session again and I am beginning to see the leaves turn although you would think that due more to the oppressive heat and humidity we’ve had here lately. But it’s really the turning of the seasons. I have been tempted to drag out all the fall decorations and of course the HALLOWEEN stuff. But I keep reminding myself that it’s a bit early, okay, okay, the temp is still 96 degrees and holding. Not like when I was a kid and September rolled around. We needed a jacket to get to school because it was in the low 50’s but by 3:30pm when school let out…we had to tie our jacket or tie our sweaters around our waists or stuff them in our school bags. But by dinner time we needed a jacket again to play outside before being called in for the evening. Of course that wasn’t in California, it was in Northern Wyoming. We had huge cottonwood trees in our yard. LOTS of trees. The leaves would fall and it was our job to keep them raked up. That was a task, even for 4 of us kids. We lived on a place that has an acre yard. So, as I am celebrating this weekend with my DH and friends and we are eating more food that is considered socially acceptable, my mind will be running from fall decorating and finishing up projects that are left in the studio and remembering raking the leaves as a child just so we could run and jump into pile, scattering them so we would have to rake them all over again. Maybe you could leave me a comment and tell about your favorite fall memories as a child. Where did you live and what exclusively fall thing did you do? Have a safe and happy Labor Day. Oh and...Harvest Beauty table runner is now available on my website.


Happy Fall

Robin






bgznu5j98d

No comments:

Post a Comment